New American Economy
This website is dedicated to sensible immigration in order to better the United States economy. They have six partnership principles:
- Secure our borders
- Secure system for employers to verify employment eligibility
- Attract and keep the best, the brightest, and hardest-working
- Create a streamlined process
- Establish a path to legal status
- Educational classes to immigrants
Their co-chairs employ 4 million people and generate over $1.4 trillion dollars and together with republicans and democrats they would like to streamline, modernize, and rationalize the immigration system.
Pew Research Center: Hispanic Trends Project
Research is a key feature to the website. While they are adamant about not taking policy positions the website does conduct public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis, and other empirical social science research. An example of what to expect would be a topic from January 19, 2016 “Millenials Make up Almost Half of Latino Eligible Voters in 2016”.
This group has created a model with three approaches:
- Connect: leaders in community, government, and nonprofit sectors
- Build: inclusive, welcoming places for immigrants
- Change: systems and cultures, reinforce welcoming principles, and communicate the socioeconomic benefits of inclusion